The Huntsville/Lake of Bays Fire Department responded to a fire at the Harveys/Swiss Chalet restaurant at 6:30pm on Monday.
Upon arrival crews encountered a fully involved storage shed at the rear of the building and were able to stop the fire from spreading inside the building.
An investigation revealed that an improperly discarded cigarette was to blame for igniting the fire. Damage is estimated at $10,000.
The fire department would like to remind residents to use approved containers to extinguish smoking materials. Plastic pots and buckets should not be used as receptacles.