An employee suffered burns to their arms in a fire at Olympia Sports Camp that caused $20,000 damage.
The Huntsville/Lake of Bays Fire Department responded to a reported fire at Olympia Sports Camp on Limberlost Rd. in the Township of Lake of Bays Saturday morning around 10am.
Upon arrival, fire crews encountered a fire that had progressed into the structure of a recreational facility.
An employee had been re-fuelling a generator when it burst into flames and spread into the adjacent building.
The employee suffered burns to their arms and were transported to Huntsville Hospital by Muskoka Paramedic Services.
Fire crews contained the fire to the area of origin and were able to stop it from spreading further into the structure.
Damage is estimated at $20,000. The investigation into the exact cause and circumstances is ongoing.
The fire department reminds residents to turn off generators and let them cool down before refueling. Never refuel a generator while it is hot.