Two Gravenhurst men, each in their 20’s, face charges after a resident reported a home invasion to police.
Bracebridge Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) officers were dispatched to attend an address on Bay Street in Gravenhurst in the early morning hours of Saturday, September 9, 2017 in response to a home invasion.
The resident of the involved apartment described that one man first came to his residence at 2:30 a.m. but was chased away, he returned with another man just after 4:45 a.m. and tried to enter the residence again.
They were confronted by the resident and ultimately fled the area. No one was injured during the interaction.
As a result of their investigation, police located and charged both 28 year-old Nathan Werney and 27 year-old Eric Paullette of Gravenhurst, ON with the following offenses:
- Conspiracy to Commit an Indicatable Offense CC 465(1)(c)
- Disguise with Intent CC 351(2)
- Break and Enter a Place with Intent to Commit an Indictable Offense CC 348(1)(a)
- Possession of Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose CC 88
- Robbery with Violence CC 344(1)(b)
The men were held in custody and will appear in the Ontario Court of Justice located in Bracebridge, ON on September 12, 2017 to answer to their charges.