On Friday December 1st, the public is invited to pull on their toques and bring the whole family downtown for Santa’s Festival of Lights and Shopping Party.
This event marks the start of the holiday season in downtown Bracebridge.
Beginning at 6:00 p.m. at the Bird Mill Mews (Chamber of Commerce) Parkette, Santa will lead the official lighting of downtown Bracebridge.
Kids of all ages will have a chance to mingle with elves and sing along with the Christmas tunes performed by Jam Sandwich. Residents and visitors are invited to:
• Make some magical reindeer food with One Kids Place;
• Enjoy free gingerbread cookies and face painting courtesy of Santa’s Village;
• Try a s’more around the campfire, and have a bite to eat at the Signature’s Eatery barbeque;
• Warm up with some hot chocolate from Oliver’s and the Bracebridge Chamber of Commerce;
• Decorate a festive tree ornament with Muskoka Home Childcare Agency;
• Take a tour of the Bracebridge Fire Department decorated fire truck; and
• Join Santa and friends as they walk up the street to see the decorated store windows, and “living window” displays created by the Bracebridge School of Ballet.
Visitors to the downtown core will be able get in the holiday spirit with family and friends on a traditional horse-drawn wagon ride along Manitoba Street, and wander while enjoying carolers and live festive music.
Shoppers are encouraged to take advantage of Bracebridge’s many boutique shops, the extended store hours and in-store specials.
Mark your calendars for this Friday, December 1st, at 6:00 p.m. – see you in downtown Bracebridge!